Monday 5 October 2015

How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job (Must Read)

Read Below what a job seeker found out while trying to
send out email from his blackberry phone
Ever since my university days, I had always been a fan of
blackberry. What I recently found out about my beloved
blackberry surprised me and has since left a bitter taste
in my mouth.
I have recently applied for a host of jobs, getting invited
for tests in some and never getting an invite in some. In
my quest to know why I haven’t been invited to write
some tests, I started seeing a pattern.
Anytime I apply to jobs using recruitment portals such as
taleo, I always get shortlisted. Anytime I apply for a job
by sending my CV to a mail address, I never get an invite
for a test.
I decided to do a little experiment. I opened a yahoo mail
account and sent a mail from my BlackBerry HUB to the
yahoo mail and it ended up in spam. I tried the same
using mail addresses of people I had never exchanged
mails with and all the mails ended up in their spam
folder.
The problem I later got to find out is a bug that comes
with BB10 devices. Using the blackberry HUB to send
mails will most likely end your mail in the junk folder.
This is just to enlighten other job seekers who
unknowingly have been victims of their own phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment